Justin Bieber back in the limelight

Courtesy of dancingastronaut.com

Priscilla Ziskin, Entertainment Editor

Pop singer Justin Bieber made a swift entrance back to fame after struggling to come to terms with his past and battling Lyme disease. 

Over the last few months, people accused the pop star of using drugs and mental instability based on the way he looked in photos. He cleared this rumor shortly after in a lengthy Instagram post.

“While a lot of people kept saying Justin Bieber looks like shit, on meth, etc. they failed to realize I’ve been recently diagnosed with Lyme disease,” said Bieber. “Not only that but had a serious case of chronic mono which affected my skin, brain function, energy, and overall health.” 

The 25-year-old first announced his comeback on Christmas Eve, revealing he would release his popular single “Yummy” just a week and a half later. Bieber later received criticism for his streaming strategy aimed at getting the hit to reach No. 1. 

Little did his fans know he would be releasing an album on Valentine’s Day called “Changes,” launching a documentary series on YouTube called “Seasons” and going on a tour in the U.S. and Canada starting in May to support the new album.  

“Seasons” shows how Bieber has evolved as a person throughout his life. It depicts his progress in preventing bad habits, his developing focus on his mental and physical health and his marriage to model Hailey Bieber. 

In the latest episode of the docuseries, “The Dark Season,” he speaks out about how Lyme disease helped him gain control of his life. He realized he had so much more to live for despite his current situation.  

In the last few weeks, he released several new songs, such as “Intentions” ft. Quavo and “Get Me” ft. Kehlani. 

He also made a guest appearance on SNL last weekend for the first time since 2013 with RuPaul, the host of “RuPaul’s Drag Race.”

Bieber’s generosity shined through when the pop sensation donated $100,000 to fan and Stockton University senior Julie Coker during his Friday appearance on MTV’s “Fresh Out Live.” Coker is an advocate for Active Minds, a nonprofit organization dedicated to mental health for college students.

And it doesn’t end there. Quavo, a member of the rap group Migos, and Bieber visited a homeless shelter in Koreatown, California for single mothers and provided three of them with gifts. He gave one mother, who is a singer, studio time, and bought a brand new car for another.

He also purchased cartoon art of Kobe Bryant from Idiot Box Art owners Emily Bright and Tamara Martin for $1,200. Shortly after, 260 miniature versions of the artwork were purchased by fans (at $200 each) and the company made a $12,480 donation to Kobe’s foundation, MambaonThree Fund. 

Bieber has been mentioned by the media almost every day. Whether it’s about releasing new music or him giving back to the public, Bieber is determined to make a positive change not only for himself but for others. 

From admitting to his past heavy drug use to combating sickness, he is making a return, and he’s doing it superbly.