Why Peter Cook and Alba Jancou’s Relationship is Complicated

EMILY SMITH, IAN MOHR, AND MARA SIEGLER / PAGESIX.COM

Christopher Risco, Staff Writer

60-year-old architect Peter Cook, the ex-husband to legendary supermodel Christie Brinkley, is engaged to a 21-year-old college student named Alba Jancou.

That’s right; she is 21 years old. The same age as myself. The same age as his daughter Sailor Lee Brinkley-Cook. If you squint hard enough, they even look alike or could pass as sisters or best friends.

They are both young, white, with blonde hair and different colored eyes. Lee could easily replace Jancou in that engagement photo and you wouldn’t be able to tell the difference.

In all seriousness, this relationship and similar ones are complicated, to say the least. I am trying to hold in my EW! (Jimmy Fallon style). While complicated, there is a bigger lesson here and it all starts with a background.

People.com reports that Alba Jancou seems to have lead a privileged life so far. Her parents Tanya Bonakdar and Marc Jancou are both famous New York art gallery owners. In fact, her mother has two self-titled galleries in New York and Los Angeles. Her father has Marc Jancou Contemporary with locations in Switzerland, London, and New York as well.

Speaking of Europe, Jancou actually attended a boarding school in southern England called Millfield. She now attends Tulane University in New Orleans, Louisiana.

I have never been to boarding school nor are my parents New York art gallery owners so needless to say, she probably has different experiences and opinions when it comes to life than most of us “regular people.”

Maybe what we think is wrong isn’t so wrong to her. This reminds me of another relationship that was just as if not more questionable as this one.

Steven Bauer, an actor who is best known for the legendary film Scar Face and the hit Showtime show “Ray Donovan, was dating a girl by the name of Lyda Loudon from seemingly 2014-2017. In 2014, he was 57 and she was…18 years old. He caught her just at the right time so that he wouldn’t be eligible to go to jail.

Rightfully so, there were some side-eyes on that relationship but her mother came to her rescue.

Dr. Gina Loudon wrote a post about Lyda dating Bauer saying that at first she and her husband were shocked to hear about the relationship and questioned their parenting. At one point they even threatened to kick her out of the family.

Then, they realized that they could either love her or lose her and they didn’t want to lose her. They chose to support her through the relationship.

They also mentioned that at least she isn’t a drug addict or a bad person and that she’s waiting for marriage to have sex. She won’t have to wait anymore seeing as how they aren’t together anymore. However, it is nice to see that Loudon’s parents still love her.

We can’t forget to mention that apparently Cook has a thing for younger women who are barely legal. The whole reason he’s Brinkley’s ex-husband is that Cook cheated on her with his then 18-year-old assistant. Then he married Suzanne Shaw and that marriage also ended because of his alleged infidelity.

However, Cook insists that Alba Jancou is his soulmate. If they’re happy, who are we to judge, because who doesn’t love “love” ya know? We might not like it, but it’s their life.