Pioneer Soccer Season Recap

Justin Valentovic, Staff Writer

Men’s Soccer

The men’s soccer team was able to put together an impressive 10-6-3 record, and were able to qualify for the New Jersey Athletic Conference tournament (NJAC). The Pioneers finished the season with a 3-4-2 record in the NJAC, which seeded them sixth overall in the NJAC tournament. Unfortunately the Pioneers fell to Route 46 rival Montclair State University in the first round by a score of 3-2. In the loss the Pioneers saw their only two goals come from JP Gonzales, Keysean Brant-Sharp had the only assist.

Even though the season ended in disappointment there are still plenty of positives to take away from the season. One of the biggest being that Cameron Allen was named to All-NJAC first team. While JP Gonzales, Keysean Brant-Sharp, Zach Perez, and Darwin Cruz were all voted for All-NJAC second team. Allen’s selection comes without question, as he finished the season with 10 goals and 22 points. Gonzales’ nine goals were good for second on the club. With majority of the players returning next season, there is no doubt that the future looks bright for William Paterson Men’s soccer.

Women’s Soccer

The Lady Pioneers finished their impressive season in a heartbreaking way as they lost 1-0 to Rutgers-Newark in their final home game. They were able to finish the season with a 9-8-1 record overall, and with 2-6-1 record in the NJAC. Unfortunately, due to their poor NJAC record they finished eighth, and did not qualify for the conference tournament.

Sophomore, Marissa Adelman added another accolade to an already stellar year by being named to First-team all conference.