Breaking News
William Paterson University's Official Student-Run Newspaper

The Beacon

The Beacon

The Beacon

Gorilla Mind Drink Review

Caution: The products mentioned here only target healthy adults (18+). It is not recommended to consume these beverages if you are sensitive to caffeine or in combination with any stimulants from other sources. High levels of caffeine have been shown to cause nervousness, irritability, sleeplessness, and, occasionally, rapid heart rate, according to the Mayo Clinic. 

Disclaimer: This review comes from a health enthusiast at the Vitamin Shoppe, which sells all the drinks mentioned on this blog. I am not financially compensated for these blog posts from the Vitamin Shoppe or other vendors. 

Overall Drink Review

Gorilla Mind is a great-tasting energy drink that comes in various flavors. My favorites include Arctic White, Tropic Storm, and the new Blackberry Lemonade, a Vitamin Shoppe exclusive. The drink appeared in the Vitamin Shoppe in the summer of 2023. Since then, it has become popular among consumers. For a good reason. 

With Vitamins B and C being important with energy production, Gorilla Mind ensures consumers that they will have plenty of energy because the drink consists of at least 100% of the daily allowance of most B and C vitamins in each can. The drink contains 200 mg of caffeine, half the daily recommended allowance. One thing is sure: this drink keeps me energized for much longer than most drinks do. Usually, a good energy drink will keep me going for two to four hours; Gorilla Mind sustained me for four to six. I found that Gorilla Mind did not have as big of a crash as other drinks, such as Monster and Red Bull. Although Gorilla Mind will not immediately give you a massive burst of energy like competing beverages, you will have sustained energy throughout a four to six-hour window. 

Gorilla Mind is an excellent drink for college students to take before a long day of classes. This is because of the  1000 mg of N-Acetyl L-Tyrosine (NALT) within the drink.NALT especially helps with cognitive function and boosts neurotransmitters according to a study from David Tomen. In my experience, I had ten pages worth of papers to write, and Gorilla Mind kept me locked into those papers for three hours, effectively helping me complete the assignments at a high level.

Taste is one of the most critical aspects of a good energy drink. Nobody wants to have a nasty drink. I rate the flavors a 9/10 because making a perfect drink is hard. Gorilla Mind is close. There is a variety of flavors to choose from, including Citrus Rain,  Tropic Storm, Lucky Lemon, Sour Watermelon Candy, Wild Grape Lychee Bomb, Tiger’s Blood, Strawberry Candy, Orange Rush, Black Cherry Vanilla, Exotic Kiwi, and Arctic White. All of which can be found on the Gorilla Mind website. Some but not all can be found at The Vitamin Shoppe and GNC. The plus side to checking both The Vitamin Shoppe and GNC have exclusive flavors.  

Having a wide variety of flavors, there is a choice for everyone. If you like the White Monster flavor, Arctic Blast is for you. I used to drink White Monster all the time. There was nothing that compared to it. Until Gorilla Mind released Arctic Blast. Tropic Storm is an excellent drink for anyone who likes a tropical punch drink. The dominant flavors consist of mango and pineapple. They could not have nailed these flavors any better! Blackberry lemonade, the new Vitamin Shoppe exclusive, is my favorite flavor. What I like about this flavor is that I can taste the blackberry and lemonade equally compared to other fruit lemonade drinks on the market.