Breaking News
William Paterson University's Official Student-Run Newspaper

The Beacon

The Beacon

The Beacon

Ghost energy drink review

Ghost energy drink review

Caution: The products mentioned here only target healthy adults (18+). It is not recommended to consume these beverages if you are sensitive to caffeine or in combination with any stimulants from other sources. High levels of caffeine have been shown to cause nervousness, irritability, sleeplessness, and, occasionally, rapid heart rate. 

Overall impressions of the drink: 

Ghost Energy is a great energy drink, with 200 milligrams of caffeine and roughly 2.5 cups of coffee. According to the Mayo Clinic, 400 mg of caffeine is deemed safe for healthy adults, which is double the amount Ghost has. Ghost also has natural caffeine derived from green coffee beans, which is much better than synthetic caffeine, which is digested faster, causing a quicker crash, according to TrueProtein.com.

Ghost has a wide variety of flavors to choose from that will satisfy whatever kinds of flavors you could possibly be craving. Every flavor has a refreshing taste that will cool you off on a hot summer day or get you through finals week as a college student. Ghost has a few licensed collaborations with well-known brands such as Sour Patch Kids, Sweetish Fish, and Sonic. This has caused Ghost to be among the most popular sports supplements and energy drink brands on the market. 

Flavor Review: 

The flavor reviewing will be done with three categories. The first is the overall flavor (Do I like this drink, and what is my opinion?). accuracy (does the drink taste like the flavor advertised?) Next is frequency (Would I drink it often) and overall flavor (Do I like this drink, and what is my overall opinion on it?). All categories will be rated on a scale ranging from one to ten. 

Sour Patch Kids Red Berry:

Overall Taste:

Sour Patch Kids Red Berry is one of the most popular energy drinks among Vitamin Shoppe customers, and for good reason. This is my favorite energy drink by far! It has a phenomenal berry flavor! I rank this one a 10/10 in terms of straight flavor.

Sweetish Fish:

Flavor: 

This was another childhood favorite candy of mine. I was ecstatic when I saw this flavor at my local vitamin shop. After trying it, I was disappointed, not because it could have been better but because it was not great, like the red berry flavor. The flavor also has an aftertaste; although it is not unbearable, it is unpleasant. This flavor needs to be sweeter and more subpar! 6/10

Accuracy: 

I mentioned before that the candy Sweetish Fish was a childhood flavor of mine, so this drink had some tough competition. Although it has some similarities and is a Sweetish Fish flavored drink, it is simply not sweet enough. For the accuracy category, I give it a 7/10 as it does have similarities to the actual candy.

Citrus: 

Flavor: 

This is a basic flavor that many drink companies have and one of the only energy drinks by Ghost that is a collaboration with another company. This is an excellent flavor that has a Mountian Dew type of taste. It hits a lot of citrusy notes, primarily lemon and lime. This is an 8/10 as it is a great drink, common. I will credit it for being the best citrus drink on the market. 

Accuracy: 

This one is simple: a 10/10. This drink is naled right on the head as a citrus-flavored drink. If this flavor were rare among energy drinks, it would rank higher in the other categories.